Flower Agate 108 Bead Mala
- Flower Agate beads and pendant, fire & ice quartz guru & spacers
- Natural Madagascan gemstone flower agate 8mm beads
- Hand knotted by myself on waxed linen cording
- Approx. wearable length is about 48” with the guru & pendant falling an additional 2.75”
- Please note that crystals and stones are natural products and are rarely perfect.
Orbicular patterns on Flower Agate are reminiscent of seeds, and the floral plumes are reminiscent of blossoms. Pieces with both orbicular patterns and flower-like plumes help us to envision the process of growth. They serve as a reminder that we start out as seeds, then blossom and grow.
A japamala, jaap maala, or simply mala (Sanskrit: माला; mālā, meaning 'garland') is a loop of prayer beads commonly used in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism for counting recitations when performing japa (reciting a mantra or other sacred sound) or for counting some other sadhana (spiritual practice) such as prostrating before a holy icon. They are similar to other forms of prayer beads used in various world religions and are sometimes referred to in Christianity as a "rosary". [Source: Wikipedia]